Do you like to create eye-catching images? Or, if you have a bunch of photos and you want to do something creative with them. You can try animating them and make them your profile avatar. If yes, then, you will definitely need a image editing software like photoshop. Though, am a bit hesitant in using photoshop as it is a bit pricey for my taste.
Thanks to the big world of the internet, there are a lot of free shareware and software available. All you need is patience.
In my search, I found GIMP. GIMP is an acronym for GNU Image Manipulation Program. It is a freely distributed program for such tasks as photo retouching, image composition and image authoring. It is one of the most popular photo editors available, but it is not without sme controversy. In this tutorial, I’ll show you a step-by-step instruction on creating animated images.
- Online Tutorials on How to Use GIMP (graphics.answers.com)
- Linux Apps: GIMP (ubuntumactheme.com)
- Tips and Tricks for Using GIMP (tomsguide.com)
- Uncomplimicated Editing With GIMP: More Shots From Erie (sunburnscold.com)
- Must Have GIMP Plugins for Photographers (shuttertux.wordpress.com)